bub
Latest News

Emma Wakeley, Year 11 gets place on Michael Caines Academy

Posted in: Latest News on Friday, June 22nd, 2012

The Michael Caines academy at Exeter College is for people who want to achieve excellence in the hospitality and catering industry; so when I heard about it I thought it was perfect for me. I sent off my application to apply for this academy and had to wait to hear back from them. I received a letter in the post saying that I had an interview, at the interview I had to prove that I was worthy to take the course. This consisted of different challenges such as silver service, knife skills, tasting session and a small test of my knowledge. At the end of the interview they decided who to put through for the next stages of the interviewing process. A week later I had my next interview at the Royal Clarence Hotel where I was interviewed by five different people including Michael Caines. Later on in the day I had received a message saying that I had got in to the academy.

I’m really looking forward to starting the academy in September with the fifteen other people that also got into the academy. On the course I will be learning lots of new skills and I will be experiencing what it is like to work in the hospitality and catering industry. I’m really excited about starting this course because it will be challenging, interesting and memorable.

Written By

Emma Wakeley – Year 11 Student.

tag

Leave Your Comment